Tuesday 30 December 2014

La Vista, Saint Heliers


La Vista Café and Restaurant
417 Tamaki Drive
Saint Heliers
Auckland

Large Flat White: $5

This place, I remember a while back, used to do very average food and I was underwhelmed. It seems to have had a change of owner and style (to Spanish now) and is a more inviting place. As I place my order, I notice some awards for coffee on the wall (for organic coffee among other things) so my expectations are now sky high.

Coffee: Quite good. The flavour is holding up nicely. It’ not at a 5 but it’s very close. (4.5/5)

View from the street
Milk:  It looks really nice as I open the lid and have a small peek. It’s a solid foam and I’m sure quite velvety. (4/5)

Presentation: Forget what I said yesterday, this is the blue cup I see everywhere in St Heliers. Solid blue “Santos Coffee with Soul”. (3/3)

Verdict: I see these cups all around the place in St Heliers and I can see why. It’s really, really good. Not perfect but I’d drink this most days I could.

Overall rating: 12.5/13. Very, very very good. No perfect but you could drink a lot worse in a lot of places.

No comments:

Post a Comment