Sunday 21 December 2014

Village Co-Op, Saint Heliers


Village Co-op
Maheke St, Saint Heliers,
Auckland 1071

Large flat white: $4.50

This is a place that sells coffee, ice cream (in large amounts) and a few loaves of bread. Very European. This place is described as a ‘family style hole in the wall’ shop, whatever that means. I suspect it’s a marketing gimmick, much like how people crap on about independent films being so much better than the mainstream. Anyway, how’s the coffee here?

Coffee: The first sip had promise, but then was quickly overtaken by… (2.5/5)

Milk: …the very creamy milk which hit me from the moment I put my lips to the cup. It reminded me very much of the horrible Columbus coffee I had in Pakuranga for my very first review.  (1/5).

Presentation: The cup is solid and with a purple colour, is visually appealing. Something about the coffee had to be appealing I guess. (3/3).

Verdict: Here’s a tip for cafes out there – if I buy a coffee, I want to taste coffee, not cream or milk. I am not a child and I do not order fluffies. The super creamy coffees always ruin it for me.

Overall rating: 6.5/13. The village should co-operate to make better coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment