Tuesday 16 December 2014

Eve's Pantry, Botany Downs


Eve’s Pantry Botany Downs
309 Botany Road
Botany Downs
Auckland

Large Flat White: $4.60

Eve’s has a great reputation for cakes and sweet things from its Epsom days. This is an off-shoot of it set in Botany Downs. Is their coffee as well regarded as their cakes?

Coffee: My God, I’m drinking a fluffy. It was a double shot too, I’d hate to think what a single shot is. This is coffee for old people. I actually get a slight citrus hint in here. Not at all what I’d hope for. (1/5)

Milk: It looks OK, but is way too creamy and doesn’t let the meager coffee do any work. (2/5)

Presentation: This is really the only positive – it didn’t leak on me. (3/3)

Verdict: This didn’t taste like coffee at all. A rubbish cup of coffee. Another place who thinks their reputation means they can make rubbish product.

Overall rating: 7/13. Crap coffee. Don’t bother with it. You dearly hope they put more effort into their cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment