Thursday 18 December 2014

Cafe on Kohi, Kohimarama

Café on Kohi
2/237 Kohimarama Road
Auckland 1071

Large Flat White: $5

This café has a massive reputation among the nouveau riche for having good service and being very popular that they don’t take reservations. It certainly has a lot of people in it most times, so I go in during an awful Auckland summer’s day. The service is evident when I walk in as I’m offered a table and even a glass of water while I wait for my takeaway coffee to be made
Coffee: This is really good. It starts off with a slight kick that then fades. It’s a shame as it’s not a bad coffee at all, but just lacks the knock out only slightly. (4.5/5)

Milk: It looks a bit too stuff – foamy rather than velvety. It doesn’t take away from the coffee flavour however. (4.5/5)

Presentation: Another day, another Allpress cup. I expected a little more. (3/3)

Verdict: The service well and truly lived up to its reputation and it is a nice spot, but a bit sandblown today. A good coffee but still not perfect.

Overall rating: 12/13. A really good coffee, but it lacks the refinement needed for a 13. Definitely worth a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment