Monday 29 December 2014

La Fourchette, Saint Heliers


La Fourchette
8c Turua St,
Saint Heliers
New Zealand

Large flat white: $4.50

La Fourchette is always super busy when I drive by, so the strategy is to come over the holidays when all of the rich people are gone for the summer. I can park very easily right out the front. It’s French themed, and that is themed very strongly with a bunch of pastries, and more fancy looking than your average NZ bakery. What a shame I’m only here for coffee…

Coffee: It’s OK, not bad coffee but it is not super strong tasting. It’s a coffee that appeals to the older residents of the area. (4/5)

Milk:  The milk is competent but not outstanding. (4/5)

Presentation: Altezano Brothers coffee cup, blue. I’ve been seeing a few of these around and this must be where they come from. No problems. (3/3)

Verdict: It’s quickly made, and not too bad. Much like I said yesterday, it would be a good accompaniment to a meal but on it’s own, still needs more work.

Overall rating: 11/13. Not too bad at all. Good for St Heliers, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment