Tuesday 6 January 2015

Cigana St Heliers


Cigana St Heliers
5 Maskell St, St Heliers,
Auckland

Large Flat White: $4.80

The 'famous' red Cigana cup
I’ve done Cigana before (their St Johns outlet) and this one in St Heliers provides a more bricks and mortar presence. It’s a shame this wasn’t here when I was a younger man, as it would have been right at the top of my street.

Coffee: It’s a strong flavour – I almost think a 5, but it just falls back. Made me think though. If only I gave quarter marks. (4.5/5)

Milk:  Awesome. Solid, foamy, velvety. Good milk. (5/5)

Presentation: The red Cigana branded cup is very distinctive. You aren’t going to confuse this with anything around the place. (3/3)

Verdict: A really good cup, better than its cousin in St Johns. Nearly perfect, I’d definitely go here if I was in the neighbourhood.

Overall rating: 12.5/13. Very, very very good. It’s nice to find a place that lives up to the hype every now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment