Thursday 9 January 2014

Jamie's Cafe


Thursday 9 January 2014
Jamie’s Café
Pakuranga Plaza

Medium Flat White: $4.50.

This café has a pride of place at one end of the Pakuranga Plaza and is critically located right outside the Farmers.

Coffee: There is some coffee taste in here. At first I thought there was something special but it has quickly faded down to being above average.  (3.5/5)

The cardboard ring - bit silly because it covers the cafe name?
Milk: Not a great deal of flavour, and there is some foam, but it is more aerated than velvety. It doesn’t detract from the taste of the coffee though which is a plus. (4/5).

Presentation: A bright red cup that stands out and is of solid construction. One funny thing I’ve never seen before – a cardboard ring around the cup, presumably to save your hands form being too hot. Seems a bit of a waste though. I wonder how much of the café’s bottom line is spent on these? (3/3)

Verdict: It’s not a bad coffee, but it’s not great either. A stronger tasting coffee would help out a lot, as there isn’t much else wrong with it. I’m used to better from Coffee Supreme. The similarities between this cup and the one I had from Muffin Break yesterday are striking – I wonder if they are just the same café and I didn’t notice?

Overall rating: 10.5/13. It’s not too bad actually. Just nudges out the Sierra flat white for best in the Plaza.

2 comments:

  1. Not Coffee Supreme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been over a year since this review was published - have you changed beans since then, or did I somehow get the wrong end of the stick? If I did, I apologise.

      Delete