Wednesday 8 January 2014

Bucklands Espresso Lounge


Wednesday 8 January 2014
Bucklands Espresso Lounge
83B Hattaway Ave
Bucklands Beach
Manukau, Auckland

Large Flat White: $5.00 (joint most expensive with Muffin Break).

This café was recommended to me on Twitter, and has a pride of place in Bucklands Beach. It is also relatively new, having opened in 2011.

Coffee: Not bad. I guess I can taste it, but it isn’t overly strong, and doesn’t give me the kick in the pants I’d like from a coffee early morning. (3/5)

Milk: Not a great deal of flavour, and there is some foam, but it is more aerated than velvety. It doesn’t detract from the taste of the coffee though which is a plus. (4/5).

Presentation: Another plasticy cup like from Muffin Break. Gives the detailed story of Coffee Supreme. (3/3)

Verdict: It’s not a bad coffee, but it’s not great either. A stronger tasting coffee would help out a lot, as there isn’t much else wrong with it. I’m used to better from Coffee Supreme. The similarities between this cup and the one I had from Muffin Break yesterday are striking – I wonder if they are just the same café and I didn’t notice?

Overall rating: 10/13. You could drink it, and you probably should if you live in Bucklands Beach, but I would look somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment