Wednesday 1 January 2014

Columbus Botany Town Centre

Wednesday January 1 2014
Columbus Botany Town Centre
Auckland


This will be an interesting one as this is the cafe I probably go to most after the Heights Bakery, as reviewed earlier.

Large Flat White: $4.30.

Coffee: A bit of a coffee taste there but not strong and not knocking any socks off me. (2/5)

Milk: A good attempt made at foam. I open my cup to see some there but there’s a few little bubbles. Let’s call it attempted velvet foam. At least this one does;t taste like it came directly from a cow. (3.5/5)

Presentation: Same Columbus cup, same no problems with it. (3/3).

Verdict:  This cafe and this Columbus in particular is where I often get coffee before work if I feel like a cafe one. It is a serviceable coffee and better than average, but not what I’d consider good or great yet.

Overall rating: 8.5/13. Not bad and I’ll have one most days. But it needs some work to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment