Friday 3 January 2014

Cafe Palazzo (Pakuranga)


Friday January 3 2014
Café Palazzo
189 Pigeon Mountain Rd
(Palmers Garden Centre)
Pakuranga
Manukau, Auckland


Cafes at garden centres have not always been around but are a great idea. It’d get people like me into a garden centre. Local rave about this place so I thought I would give it a go.

Medium Flat White: $4.00.

Coffee: There is coffee here but it doesn’t break through as being a nice kick in the pants that I want from a flat white. Not too bad. (3/5)

Milk: The milk is nicely done, but loses its foaminess as you go and ends up being just plain old milk by the end. (3.5/5)

Presentation: I broke my own rules a bit and had this as an eat-in coffee while having lunch with my wife. No problems with presentation. (3/3)

Verdict:  It’s not a bad coffee, but it doesn’t give that kick that I want from a flat white. A serviceable lunch coffee but not a first thing in the morning coffee.

Overall rating: 9.5/13. Garden centres are best for buying garden stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment