Friday 3 January 2014

Farro Fresh Mount Wellington


Friday January 3 2014
Farro Fresh Mount Wellington
80 Lunn Ave, Mt Wellington
Auckland


A Twitter friend put me onto this place. It is a fancy grocery store that sells fancy foods so my expectations are high. His recommendation was also very insistent, so we’ll see.

Large Flat White: $4.50.

Coffee: A bit of a coffee taste there but not strong and not knocking any socks off me. Like I was drinking a warmed milk. (2/5)

Milk: The milk itself, while being the dominant taste, was expertly done. Velvety foam and not too hot. Good job on this. The fact that the coffee doesn’t fire a shot doesn’t give the milk a real chance to shine. (4/5)

Presentation: Strong, solid, black cup with the company name on it. Can’t really go wrong. (3/3)

Verdict:  My hopes were very high but were let down to be a very ordinary coffee. Maybe I’ll just stick to deli meats and cronuts from this place because the coffee is sadly only average

Overall rating: 9/13. I expected better from a boutique market, and I didn’t get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment