Sunday 29 December 2013

Wild Bean Cafe, East Tamaki

Sunday 29 December 2013
Wild Bean Cafe
588 Chapel Road
East Tamaki
Auckland

 Medium Flat White: $4.40

I’m used to fairly good coffees from Wild Bean wherever I’ve been, and I often get a before-work coffee from this particular BP.

Coffee: Robust! Strong! I can taste it! Who would have thought that you could taste coffee in a flat white? (4/5)

Milk: Not burnt or over powering. Compliments the coffee as a medium for the coffee to do its work. A closer inspection shows that the velvet foam that I’ve been looking for is present and still there as I drink. (5/5).

Presentation: The cup is colourful and informative of the coffee (more for the benefit of the staff than for me). Solid black lid - nothing’s getting out of this sucker, unless you are coffee from the mouth hole. (3/3).

Verdict: I’m used to good coffee from Wild Bean and this one does not let you down. I know that I’m drinking a coffee out of this one from Wild Bean, and that’s something that you can’t always say when ordering a flat white. I’ll be back for sure!

Overall rating: 12/13. Who said franchised coffee from a gas station was rubbish?


No comments:

Post a Comment