Saturday 28 December 2013

The Flat White Review!



The Flat White Review




A lot of us will have a coffee each day. For me, I can’t start my morning without one. But I’ve had so many coffees now that I’m left wondering, where is the best flat white in (East) Auckland?

I intend to try out the flat whites from the cafes all around where I live to try and determine that age old question – where can I get a decent coffee, or more to the point – where can I get the MOST decent coffee?

There are some rules. I will endeavor to have it in a takeaway cup. It will be a medium sized flat white, or as close to it as possible. And there will be no sugar, or sweetener.

It'll be rated out of 13 - 5 for the coffee, 5 for the milk and 3 for the presentation. 

Hopefully by mid way through 2014 I'll know the best places to get coffee in my local area!

The following definition of a Flat White from Wikipedia may help as a start point:

The beverage is typically served in a small 150–160 millilitre ceramic cup. Microfoam is used, and loosely frothed milk from the top of the steaming vessel is typically discarded or held back in the vessel while the creamy milk from the bottom of the vessel is folded into the coffee, resulting in a smooth and velvety texture. 

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_white) 

This is all about finding the best flat white - I'm not going to be reviewing food, decor, service, but those things may pop up from time to time. If you're after a meal or light lunch review, this ain't the blog for you. This one is all about coffee!

If you wish to get in touch with me, then you can send me a message through my blogger profile. Alternatively, leave a comment with places where you think I can find good coffee in Auckland!

2 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion and that's to include the final rating on the subject line so we don't have to click on each review to find out it was a 7 or lower score.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      If I put the rating in the subject line, no one will read the posts, as small as they are.

      Delete