Saturday 28 December 2013

Columbus Pakuranga Highway


Friday 27 December 2013
Columbus Pakuranga Highway



Medium Flat White: $4.80.

Coffee: Couldn’t really taste it. I assume it was there. (1/5)

Milk: Not much velvety foam, and it tasted VERY creamy. Given that I had just spent the last few days eating trifles and what not, I was ready for a break from cream. Very off-putting. (1/5).

Presentation: Columbus always has their yellow cups which since I often go to another Columbus outlet give me a sense of satisfaction and safety. No leaks or anything. (3/3).

Verdict: I am used to reasonably good coffees from Columbus, but this hyper-creamy delight left me feeling very shortchanged. So short changed that I needed to put a sachet into it to taste some coffee. A let down from a usually reliable coffee company. Hopefully just an aberration.

Overall rating: 5/13. Most of that from the colour of the cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment