Monday 30 December 2013

Heights Bakery and Cafe

Monday 20 December 2013
Heights Bakery and Cafe
5/114 Reeves Rd
Pakuranga
Manukau, Auckland

Medium Flat White: $4.00

This bakery is just up the road from where I live so gets a lot of my business, especially over this holiday period.

Coffee: Not bad. I guess I can taste it, but it isn’t overly strong, and doesn’t give me the kick in the pants I’d like from a coffee early morning. (2.5/5)

Milk: Not a great deal of flavour, and there is some foam, but it is more aerated than velvety. It doesn’t detract from the taste of the coffee though which is a plus. (4/5).

Presentation: The cup tells me about the beans (Karajoz) and gives me the contact details. Solid lid construction, nothing wrong with it. (3/3).

Verdict: It’s not a bad coffee, but it’s not great yet. A stronger tasting coffee would help out a lot, as there isn't much else wrong with it. The fast service at the Heights Bakery is also consistently welcomed. It’s at the top of my street and at the top of my list for close by good coffees.

Overall rating: 9.5/13. It doesn’t knock my socks off, but it’s what I’d call a good (enough) coffee. Definitely worth my repeat custom.

No comments:

Post a Comment