Monday 21 April 2014

The Apothecary, Howick


The Apothecary Licenced Eatery
27 and 29 Picton Street,
Howick

Large Flat White: $4.50

This place looks a little steam punk, and has a cute little bar in the front. The theme from Shaft is playing when I walk in. I think I like this place already.

Coffee: Superb coffee, it gives a kick that I’ll feel later today. It tastes like a coffee, rather than tasting like something that just fades into milk. (5/5)

Milk: The milk is fantastic – it’s creamy but also complements the coffee. Velvety foam sits in the cup. (5/5)

Presentation: The cup colourfully tells me it is from bach espresso, and the lid fits on TIGHT. There’ll be no accidents here. (3/3)

Verdict: Lots of places in Howick talk a big game but then make crap cups of coffee. This place is the exact opposite.


Overall rating: 13/13. Entry number 2 for the hall of fame. I love this coffee!


No comments:

Post a Comment