Saturday 12 April 2014

Ara-Tai Cafe, Halfmoon Bay


Ara-Tai Cafe
1 Ara-Tai Rd
(The Promenade Building)
Half Moon Bay
Manukau, Auckland

Large Flat White: $4.50

This cafĂ© is heavily recommended on  local Facebook group. The menu looks great, though I did feel distinctly underdressed when I walked in for takeaway coffee.

Coffee: A very good coffee, gives a little kick at the start but it fades after 10 mins. Would be a perfectly good commuting coffee. (4.5/5)

Milk: The milk is quite delicious – creamy enough but not overpowering and overdone. Some bubbles in here but not just velvety enough. Almost don’t notice it. (4.5/5)

Presentation: The cup is very solid. The brown cup white lid combo has a pleasing look to it that I can’t quite put my finger on. (3/3)

Verdict: Ara-Tai is very flash looking and does a cup of coffee I don’t mind paying $4.50 for. It also has a unique position being near the ferry terminal out East. I wonder how well it will survive in a decade? With coffee like this, fairly well in my opinion.

Overall rating: 12/13. I could drink this every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment