Saturday 8 February 2014

East Village Takeaway, Howick


East Village Takeaway
60 Picton Street,
Howick 2014


Medium Flat White: $4.50


Now I start Howick village. Fewer cafes than I thought, this one happens to be the first I stumble on an early Saturday morning.

Coffee: Very blah. Almost like having a hot water, which is hugely disappointing. (1/5)

Milk: It’s a shame the coffee was so poor because the milk was done really nicely. Lose a point though because it tastes like trim instead of skim or full blue. (4/5)

Presentation: Decent cup and lid combo. (3/3)

Verdict: It gets 8 out of 13 and that’s chiefly from the milk. If I wanted warm milk, I could get it at home. The milk suggests they know what they’re doing but the coffee just isn’t strong enough to match it, or give enough of a kick for your morning flat white.

Overall rating: 8/13. Weak coffee. Try bringing your kids for a fluffy, it’d probably be fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment